Jump directly:



- A +

The School in Bömighausen School Pictures

It is impossible to line up the following class-, school feast and excursion photos in chronological order,
they give us an imagination of the vivid atmosphere in a small village school.
They were taken from 1920-1955.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

about 1930


 

 


 

Left photo below (after 1945) Herman Monument – right photo below (about 1940)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

class photo we know was done The oldest class photo we know was done

 

about 1910, it was taken behind „Bangen" house (today "Schusters" or "Pöttners".
Here are the names of the pupils and their teachers:

1st row: Schalkes Mariechen, Knippschild Lina, Klements Marie, Bäckes Anna, Pöttners Luise,
Pohlmanns Christ, Jaustes Heine, Witmes Wilhelm, Schalkes Frieder, unbekannt, Jürgens Heine.
1st row: Trögelers, Jürgens Frieder, Pohlmanns Fritz, Schüttlers Lina, Knippschilds Marta, Lottens Emma, (Luise Wilke from Alleringhausen) Hingeskäpes Marie, Michels Frieda, Michels Luise, Jaustes Frieder.
2nd Michels Karl, Niggenhüses Frieder, Skosterbehlen Fritze, Klements Marta, unbekannt, Pöttner Marie, Köstes Rickchen, Heudeskäpes Heinrich, Knippschild Tine, Jürgens Hermann, Keinen Ludwig, Michels Wilhelm, Michels Fritz.
3rd Witmes Albert, Köstes Heine, Trögelers Hei. Karl, Bäckes Friedchen, Jaustes Frieda, Michels Ida, Lottens Erna, Knippschilds Berta, Raukes Reinhard, Heudeskäpes Karl, Knippschilds Christ, Pöttners Karl, Raukes Adolf, Pohlmanns Lina and teacher Neuschäfer.
about 1930 about 1950


                    

  


                                                                                                                                                                              about 1930                                                                                                            

      

   

                                                                                                                                      about 1950

 


 

During the first decades of our century the number of pupils went down in Bömighausen.
In 1910, fifty boys and girls went to school in the village, 19 years later there were just 20 pupils.

                                                    about 1925

Translation:

Farewell to Mr Thomas

Hesperinghausen. Last Sunday afternoon, after a ceremony, the teacher Emil Thomas was buried in his home village Hesperinghausen. Many people, also from Bömighausen, the choral society and the pupils, and also collegues who partly lived far away,friends and acquaintances came together to say good bye to an upright man who always had done his duty. During three and a half decades he had worked in his profession with passion and kindness, and so he had been well liked by everyone.Reverend Kappner from Rhena spoke to the assembly and resumed Mr. Thomas´life and work at school and for the community as a true Christian who firmly believed in God.

After the funeral ceremony a long procession of people moved towards the graveyard. After the reverend had spoken some last words which were followed by a prayer,Mayor Schalk, Bömighausen, took leave in the name of the community of Bömighausen. The chairman of the choral society, the pupils and representatives of the Red Cross laid down garlands. Main teacher Garthe, Adorf spoke in commission of the District School Office and the Teachers´Union, Usseln. The emerited supervisor Volkenand, Korbach spoke for the rural district of the Red Cross. Mr Thomas had been the leader of the Choral Society Bömighausen for 35 years, and its members sang a song as a last farewell.

Remembering school time in 1929

From the left to the right (standing in the upper row): Mariechen Schätte+, Wilhelm Rod (Roth?) killed in war, Elfriede Becker+, Robert Schulze+ teacher Emil Thomas+, Karl Koch+, Lina Trögeler+, Anneliese Schalk, Christian Lamm+

2nd row sitting: Lina Behlen (Ullmann), Frieda Potthof+, Fritz Pohlmann+, Frieda Schalk+, Margret Schulze, Berta Trögeler+, Mathilde Schalk(Dickel)

Row below: Karl Trögeler+, Heinrich Behlen+, Fritz Pöttner, Theo Koch killed in war, Werner Pöttner , killed in war. The picture below was taken before 1929.

                                                                        about 1939

     

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The upper picture shows the school building, built in 1880, it is a postcard from 1901-1904, the right one was taken in 1940, it is the house of Heinrich and Elisabeth Jäger.

Sight on the former village school. The pictures are from about 1930.

     

 

 

 

 

 

      

Bömighausen is proud of its youth!

   

The young Bömighausen pupils were very successful. Their sporting performances make the whole community happy. … the boys and girls were very successful in the competition against the strong pupils from Usseln and Willingen and brought the pennon home for ever.

Some inhabitants gave small gifts to the brave boys and girls.

District Challenge Trophy comes to Bömighausen - 317 pupils took part in the „Bundesjugendspiele“ (special competition for pupils).

The picture: The pupils from Bömighausen won this competition. Result: average of 57 points. They had won 9 times in ten years.

 

 

   

The left and the right upper photo show the classroom from about 1938.

In the 60th the teacher

Fritz Koch founded a theater group for adults. Every year they played popular plays with niveau under his conduction. Two of them were “Wenn der Hahn kräht” (When the cock crows) and “Alles für die Katz” (All in vain) by Heinz Bunje.

There were also very successful performances in the nearer villages

The pupils joyfully helped with the action

„Unser Dorf soll schöner werden“ (a competition against other villages: Which village will be the prettiest?)

On August 2nd, 1967 a severe car crash happened between Korbach and Meineringhausen. The teacher couple´s only son who had worked at the Coca Cola Fiss - plant in Korbach died in the accident. Of course the inhabitants became totally shocked and activities like carnival parties, and theater performences broke down.

In 1970/71 the school was closed and the pupils had to be taught in Rhena and Willingen. So, many ignitions like summer and Christmas feasts with a large program coming into the village with the school children suddenly stopped, and so did the one- week- excursions to hostels on the Meisner or to the River Rhine. The strength of the village life was no longer as strong as it used to be.

topJump