Jump directly:



- A +

the Division Treaty Nollen Wüstegut (Clement)

Remarks on the estate´s former history:

Before 1538 the Treis´ Estate was owned by the “Döringe” (name) who lived in Korbach. Gockel Bornemann had run it at last. Treis bought it. The Nöllengut (= Nölle´s Estate) traditionally belonged to the clerical district of Neerdar.

Before 1680 the family history begins in the ancient clerical district of Neerdar with Jacob Clement as „ancestor“. The church registers make us know that he had come from Grönebach ( a village name), and he became the only Roman catholic in a completely evangelical community. On Nov. 3rd, 1695 he converted and became a protestant after having married Katharina Reuter on Aug. 24 th , 1680. When she had died, he married Ana Elsa Schlömer from Neerdar on Oct. 10 th , 1699.Both matrimonies brought numerous children. Originally his profession was specified as a bubulei (= cowherd).

Nöllengut and Junker Treisen Estate are given to Clement and Schüttler in 1689.

In 1688 the surveyor Jeremias Stöcker did some measuring in Ottlar. He asked the official to send him the Bömighausen Salbook AD 1682,because he intended to conduct a survey in the area of the waste estates of Nöllen and Treis. He wanted to create a new basis that would guarantee a correct allocation to Jacob Kleymentz and Henrich Schütler. On March 21 st , 1689 the whole work was done. The two applicants were present, and the judge Joh. Mich. Geldmacher supervised the allocation of the estates´parts A and B. The possession rights were decided by casting lots.

20 areas of land were surveyed. 7 parts were declared equivalent, the applicants had agreed that 2 parts of land could still be sentenced as “Wandelland”(= land which was used annually by various owners), at the “ Hard” and on the “ Kreuz” (=cross). Both own 26 land areas each, between 3/8 and 3 3/8 Morgen (1Morgen= 2.500 square meters). 8 meadows were surveyed towards each other ( to make sure that both areas had the same value). One of them, situated at the „Grotenberg“, stayed as „Wandelgut“ (= both owners were allowed to use them annually). For Clement 31 7/8 Morgen 13 ½ Ruten land are listed up, for Schüttler 33 3/8 Morgen 14 Ruten. Each man got 4 ¼ Morgen 11 Ruten grassland. There is no information about any owners of the grassland being not divided, and the small difference in largeness likely is because of the land´s different value.

Both estates got about 31 Morgen farmland, partly thrush. There are no remarks about the largeness of the „Morgen“. Each estate is supposed to have owned about 15-16 ha (60-64 Morgen).

In 1689 Jacob Clement succeeds in buying half the Nollen (or Nöllen) Wüstegut in Bömighausen. Maybe, Jacob Clement was able to get a part of the money he needed to buy the estate from his original homeland. There is still a copy of the division treaty which contains those parts which went to Jacob Clement. The other part was bought by Henrich Schütler who came from Goldhausen.

A part of the treaty: „This is March 1689 , chairman is Judge Johann Michael Geldmacher, Bömighausen. Both parties are seperated, and according to the lot „specified“(= the estate) has gone to Jacob Klemend.Date, Signature: Jeremias Stöcker.

Before 1700 some transportmen from Bömighausen mentioned Jacob Clement. They took charcoal from the coal places to the melting places in the Upland and to Adorf(= village name).

(K. Schäfer S. 45).

Zölzer The name Clement is written in several ways: Kleiment, Klementz (1735), Kleemendt, Klemend, Klemendt, Kleimentz, Kleymentz and Klement.

Jacob Clement´s possessing stayed with his family until 1764. By marriage it became Joh. Frantz Wilh. Behle(n)´s property in 1764. He came from Alleringhausen (OSB Nr. 22).

In 1782 the Trachte Family from Hemmighausen became the new owners of the estate. This family very often is mentioned in connection with the name „Clement“. After 1930 Karl Zölzer ,Welleringhausen, possessed the estate. He got it by marriage, and after his death his son Friedrich owns it up to now. The so-called “housename” Clement has been used over 300 years, especially elderly people still use it. In the picture on the right there is the present building, still owned by the Zölzer Family. It was built by Friedrich Trachte (Clement) in 1906.

About 1727 the „ Deimelsche Chronical“ mentions a so-called Heinrich Clement in Referinghausen . He is supposed to be Jacob Clement´s son from his 1 st marriage, Johann Heinrich Clement, born in 1692.

The following drawings and documents are from 1906. Friedrich Trachte (Clement), mayor from 1903 to1934, created them.

  

 

 

 

Origin and literature: Kirchenbücher (church books) Neerdar, Division Treaty from 1689, ancestor register of the Richter Family. History of the iron industry in the former county of Waldeck, by Karl Schäfer.

 


 

 

 

 The following drawing was given by Friedrich Zölzer (construction plan from 1906).

Grundriss

 

 

topJump